World Class Volunteers Wanted
No world class event would be possible without the help of first class volunteers. People that want to make a difference. People that love to see our sport grow. People who can work as hard as they play. If you’re one of those people, I want you on our team.
My name is Rusty May and I had the good fortune of being a volunteer at the World Championships in 2011 and instantly fell in love with the game and the spirit of the ultimate community and it’s volunteers. The moment I walked off the beach in Italy, I made a promise to myself that I would find a way to get involved with the promotion of this great sport and now I’m the volunteer coordinator for these games.
My goal is simple: to bring together a team of highly talented, motivated and passionate volunteers who will help our team create and deliver an unmatched tournament experience for all the players, families and friends who join us on the beach in Spain.
My promise to you is that I’ll do everything I can to make this volunteer experience fun and rewarding for you and work tirelessly on your behalf. What I ask of you is that you come ready to pitch in, help out and bring the spirit of this great game to life every time you step on the beach wearing our colors.
Here’s the deal:
- What we will provide for you:
- We’ll provide you with a place to stay while you’re on our team.
- We’ll feed you while you’re with us.
- We’ll provide free access to all tournament parties.
- We’ll provide you with a volunteer tee shirt and behind the ropes access to the great games on the field.
- We’ll give you the opportunity to meet new people and make great new friends.
- We’ll give you the opportunity to make amazing memories in sunny Spain.
- What we need in return:
- A positive attitude and a willingness to work 5-6 hours a day, or longer, depending on total numbers of volunteers.
- A basic understanding of the game regarding score & time keeping and how to manage the game.
- A willingness to be in the heat helping out, keeping score, being a gopher, hauling water, cleaning up and supporting all the players and teams while you’re on the beach.
- A finally, a strong desire to have fun, play games and party like the rock stars that we are.
There will be a fixed number volunteers, so register to be a volunteer now to be sure of getting the most out of this great deal! When you contact us, also please indicate if you have a particular skill you think may be of use to the organization (bartending, technology, brute strength, negotiation, spacial planning, etc).